- Are you looking for the perfect job but feel you are just spinning your wheels in your job search?
- Does the prospect of jumping to a new, unfamiliar career fill you with terror, but the thought of staying where you are makes you feel depressed?
If you are filled questions but have no one to offer professional advice or guidance, then a career coaching programme is exactly what you need.
Over the last 12 months of so the virtual world has flourished. From zoom calls with family and friends to playing games online with strangers. We did everything to stay connected with other human beings when face to face contact was not possible. But virtual world can also be used for professional development such as working with a career coach. This can be done through video calls with a coach. The benefits are many, one of them being the obvious: you can practice video interviewing with your carrier coach and get valuable tips on the spot. Most companies now are conducting online interviews only.
Just because your interview is happening over Skype (or some other platform), doesn’t mean it’s not a real interview. Other than preparations to travel to the interview, you still need to prepare the same way you would if you were going into the office.
If you’re not used to video chat, you might find carrying on a conversation to be a bit difficult at first- especially if you can see yourself as well on the screen. Setting up a mock video interview with a career coach can help you find out what need to watch out for. As a job seeker, you have the same goal in a video interview and an in-person interview: to show that you’re the right person for the job.
Why choose online vs. in-person coaching?
- Location– you don’t need to travel which saves you time and resources. You can receive coaching at home or the location of your choice. And get comfortable. Take your shoes off, grab a snack or a cup of coffee or tea, and let the learning begin.
- Convenience– You can choose coaching programme that is most convenient for you.
- Affordability– Online career coaching sessions are more affordable. It saves you money.
The joys of modern technology mean you can connect with your Career Plan team and receive virtual coaching from anywhere in the world! We can help you find your perfect career no matter where you currently live.