Outplacement also often referred to as ‘career transition’, assists exiting employees by offering the necessary support for them to re-orient themselves in the job market. Outplacement facilitates the terminated employee’s quest to find a new post.
Outplacement can provide the necessary direction to make sure they are up to date on the latest job search trends and updates in the industry, so they won’t be unfairly disadvantaged in their job search.
Outplacement assistance can come in many forms, though they all strive for the same result: getting your outgoing employees back to work as fast as possible.
Top outplacement firms offer services and programmes to meet both employee and company needs. Most of these programmes can be broken down into two types: group and individual.
Employees who are offered outplacement services by their company statistically resettle 50% faster than those who are not offered the service.
Outplacement agreements may include different inputs and expectations, but they primary include:
- Preparing your employees for an interview
- Exploring Career Options
- Personal Branding
- Networking Skills
- Creating CV
- Interview skills and practice
- Overall job search strategies
- An online or ‘Digital’ offering to compliment the coaching, or used as a standalone service
How your employees will benefit from our outplacement consulting service:
- Stay ahead of market trends
- Tailored job-hunting support
- Leave your employment with pride/dignity
- Accelerate their career transition
- Benefit from expert career management
- Help cope with the negative impact of redundancy
- Speed up the job-hunting process
- Benefit from bespoke coaching
- Find their next job sooner
Outplacement is often provided by a third party. This means that any associated workshops or consultation spaces (even if virtual) are safe and supportive environments for exiting employees to talk about their fears and concerns.
Executive outplacement can work on developing the executive’s social presence and help with networking. The service can connect executives with the right people through our extended networks, and provide access to senior level resource facilities, such as key introductions to recruiters or other relevant influencers.